The EMERG/Contact network meeting is the preparatory meeting for the 2018 EMERG Activities for 2018.
According to the EMERG Charter, the Members have to discuss the following issues:
- Discuss the yearly Benchmarking Report, and approve the draft to be presented to the Plenary Assembly;
- Assess the implementation of the Work-plan and the recommendations and decisions adopted by the Plenary Assembly;
- Ensure and plan the follow-up of these recommendations and decisions;
- Discuss the tasks and rules of procedures of the Secretariat and propose modifications to the Plenary Assembly whenever necessary;
- Follow up on the development, enhancement, and efficient utilization of EMERG website;
- Study the issues of common interest likely to be the object of debates and discussions during the Plenary Assembly;
- Propose any document to be approved and/or published to the Plenary Assembly;
- Propose a draft agenda for the following Plenary Assembly.
In 2018 EMERG also will continue to discuss about EMERG sustainability, considering the outcomes of the Cascais declaration in 2017. The aim is to propose an action plan to the Commission at the Plenary in Cairo (Egypt) heading to a solution that can guarantee the future of the platform after 2019.
Besides, EMERG will collect proposals for the work plan 2018 and volunteers for hosting the workshops and for chairing them as rapporteur.
Last but not least, The CN meeting will collect the volunteers for the Chairmanship 2019 and the members of the Secretariat, considering that AGCOM (as outgoing Chair) and NTRA as Chair 2018 are part of it.