According to the EMERG Charter, during the plenary assembly the Members have to decide on the following issues, taking into consideration the outcomes from The Contact network (CN) meeting, held in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina) on 20-21 February 2018:
- Appointing the new Chairman and the new Vice-Chairman;
- Appointing the members of the Permanent Secretariat;
- Establishing Expert Working Groups and appointing their Chair or co-chairs.
- Approving the Work-plan;
- Approving the Annual Report and the Benchmark Report of the previous year and decide on their publication on the EMERG Website;
- Granting membership and/or observer status to candidates;
- Adopting and amend the EMERG Charter;
- Adopting and amend its own rules of procedure, as well as those of the Contact Network and the Permanent Secretariat;
- Discussing regulatory issues and proposals emerging from the benchmarking or working group activities with a view to approximation;
- Adopting and/or publish any document as it sees fit.
Besides in 2018 EMERG also will continue to discuss about EMERG sustainability, considering the outcomes of the Cascais declaration in 2017 and the discussion from the CN. The aim is to propose an action plan to the Commission heading to a solution that can guarantee the future of the platform after 2019.
In addition, the Plenary assembly will decide about further steps for an EMERG communication strategy based on the availability of the new EMERG website and with the possibility to better improve communication tools, in order to enhance the strategic value in terms of approximation to the EU framework of the platform.