EMERG Benchmarking conference / Contact network
Bonn (Germany), 12-13.02.2018
The EMERG/Contact network meeting is the preparatory meeting for the EMERG Activities for 2019.
According to the EMERG Charter, the Members have to discuss the following issues:
- Discuss the yearly Benchmarking Report, and approve the draft to be presented to the Plenary Assembly;
- Assess the implementation of the Work-plan and the recommendations and decisions adopted by the Plenary Assembly;
- Ensure and plan the follow-up of these recommendations and decisions;
- Discuss the tasks and rules of procedures of the Secretariat and propose modifications to the Plenary Assembly whenever necessary;
- Follow up on the development, enhancement, and efficient utilization of EMERG website;
- Study the issues of common interest likely to be the object of debates and discussions during the Plenary Assembly;
- Propose any document to be approved and/or published to the Plenary Assembly;
- Propose a draft agenda for the following Plenary Assembly.
EMERG Members will evaluate proposals for the work plan 2019 and collect volunteers for hosting the workshops and for chairing them as rapporteur.
Furthermore, the EMERG CN will call for volunteers to serve as EMERG Chair in 2020. At the same time, EMERG CN will look for Members of the Permanent Secretariat, considering that NTRA (Egypt), as outgoing Chair, and CRA (Bosnia and Herzegovina) as Chair 2019 are part of it.
Finally, the CN assembly will discuss the future of the EMERG platform considering that after 2019 it will be required to the Group to self-sustain. Now, more than ever, future EMERG sustainability is a priority: to this aim in 2018 Cairo Plenary it was decided to set two Virtual Expert Working Groups, one on “Sustainability” and the other one on “Approximation to the EU regulatory framework”.