EMERG and EaPeReg signed a Memorandum of Understanding to strenghten the ongoing cooperation, Kiev (Ukraine) 03.12.2021
EMERG and EaPeReg (Eastern Partnership Regulators), represented by João Cadete de Matos (EMERG Chair 2021, ANACOM President) and Oleksandr Zhyvotovskyi (EaPeReg Chair 2021, Chair of NCCIR) formally signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in a ceremony which took place, virtually, on 3rd December 2021, alongside the EaPeReg Plenary meeting in Kiev (Ukraine). As previously announced, (http://www.emergonline.org/2021/11/23/upcoming-memorandum-of-understanding-with-eapereg-kiev-ukraine-03-12-2021/) EMERG and EaPeReg agreed to formalize the ongoing cooperation on topics of common interest, aiming at exchanging experiences and best practices, debating the current and future regulatory challenges, approximating to the European regulatory framework. All in all, the cooperation relates to the following areas:
- the promotion of competition in markets, services and infrastructures;
- the ongoing digital transformation;
- the QoS and the QoE of communication networks and services;
- the connectivity and the 5G Regulations / NRA experiences with 5G;
- the broadband deployment and the promotion of NGA/VHCN roll-out;
- the consumers’ protection with focus on new services / Open Internet and digital platforms;
- the International Roaming & International termination rates (IMTR).
In addition, the MoU allows to further develop the working relationships between the different Experts working groups, such as the ones on the International Roaming, which have already launched consultations sharing their respective initiatives in that field.
Finally, the MoU will contribute to strengthen the institutional relations between EMERG and EaPeReg with the support of the European Commission, both DG Connect and DG Near, in the view of a regulatory convergence among the EU regional partners, taking the European Union legal framework in electronic communications as a milestone.