Communications Regulatory Agency (CRA) as EMERG Chair 2019, invited the EMERG Members to the Plenary assembly that will be held in Sarajevo on 26 March 2019. According to the EMERG Charter the Plenary’s tasks are:
- Appointing the new Chairman and the new Vice-Chairman;
- Appointing the members of the Permanent Secretariat;
- Establishing Expert Working Groups and appointing their Chair or co-chairs.
- Approving the Work-plan;
- Approving the Annual Report and the Benchmark Report of the previous year and decide on their publication on the EMERG Website;
- Granting membership and/or observer status to candidates;
- Adopting and amend the EMERG Charter;
- Adopting and amend its own rules of procedure, as well as those of the Contact Network and the Permanent Secretariat;
- Discussing regulatory issues and proposals emerging from the benchmarking or working group activities with a view to approximation
The Plenary meeting will agree on the EMERG sustainability after 2020.
Public AGENDA link:
EMERG Work Plan for 2019
The Work Plan 2019 is the result of a comprehensive, transparent and inclusive procedure, aiming at relaunching the EMERG activities, stimulating the participation of the Members and achieving the main strategic goals for the benefit of both sides of the Mediterranean basin.
With the aim to ensure continuity in the workflow over the year, EMERG agreed that two 2019 workshops serve as a follow-up to the two virtual working groups and cover topics of Net Neutrality and International Roaming.
Namely, at the Plenary meeting in Rome in 2017 Members expressed the need to set up two Expert working groups in order to better consolidate a cooperation among the Members, on the specific topics that push for harmonized approaches, such as Net Neutrality and International Roaming. The two groups were officially activated at the Plenary meeting in Cairo in 2018 and as a follow up to these activities, topics have been included in Working Plan 2019.
Workshop 2: Net Neutrality
Workshop 3: International Roaming
Workshop 4: The new role of regulators in the Era of new ecosystem of telecommunications and the new challenges of telecom’s regulation
The Plenary Assembly appointed the Chair for 2020:
The Permanent Secretariat will also include:
Communications Regulatory Agency CRA (Bosnia and Herzegovina) EMERG Chair 2019
National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority NTRA (Egypt) EMERG Chair 2018
Outline According to the EMERG Charter, during the plenary assembly the Members have to decide on the following issues, taking into consideration the outcomes from The Contact network (CN) meeting, held in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina) on 20-21 February 2018: Appointing the new Chairman and the new Vice-Chairman; Appointing the members of the Permanent Secretariat; […]
The EMERG/Contact network meeting is the preparatory meeting for the 2018 EMERG Activities for 2018.
According to the EMERG Charter, the Members have to discuss the following issues:
- Discuss the yearly Benchmarking Report, and approve the draft to be presented to the Plenary Assembly;
- Assess the implementation of the Work-plan and the recommendations and decisions adopted by the Plenary Assembly;
- Ensure and plan the follow-up of these recommendations and decisions;
- Discuss the tasks and rules of procedures of the Secretariat and propose modifications to the Plenary Assembly whenever necessary;
- Follow up on the development, enhancement, and efficient utilization of EMERG website;
- Study the issues of common interest likely to be the object of debates and discussions during the Plenary Assembly;
- Propose any document to be approved and/or published to the Plenary Assembly;
- Propose a draft agenda for the following Plenary Assembly.
In 2018 EMERG also will continue to discuss about EMERG sustainability, considering the outcomes of the Cascais declaration in 2017. The aim is to propose an action plan to the Commission at the Plenary in Cairo (Egypt) heading to a solution that can guarantee the future of the platform after 2019.
Besides, EMERG will collect proposals for the work plan 2018 and volunteers for hosting the workshops and for chairing them as rapporteur.
Last but not least, The CN meeting will collect the volunteers for the Chairmanship 2019 and the members of the Secretariat, considering that AGCOM (as outgoing Chair) and NTRA as Chair 2018 are part of it.