The EMERG/Contact network meeting is the preparatory meeting for the EMERG Activities for 2020.
According to the EMERG Charter, the Members have to discuss the following issues:
- Discuss the yearly Benchmarking Report, and approve the draft to be presented to the Plenary Assembly;
- Assess the implementation of the Work-plan and the recommendations and decisions adopted by the Plenary Assembly;
- Ensure and plan the follow-up of these recommendations and decisions;
- Discuss the tasks and rules of procedures of the Secretariat and propose modifications to the Plenary Assembly whenever necessary;
- Follow up on the development, enhancement, and efficient utilization of EMERG website;
- Study the issues of common interest likely to be the object of debates and discussions during the Plenary Assembly;
- Propose any document to be approved and/or published to the Plenary Assembly;
- Propose a draft agenda for the following Plenary Assembly.
EMERG Members will evaluate proposals for the work plan 2020 and collect volunteers for hosting the workshops and for chairing them as rapporteur.
Furthermore, the EMERG CN will call for volunteers to serve as EMERG Chair in 2021. At the same time, EMERG CN will look for Members of the Permanent Secretariat, considering that CRA (Bosnia and Herzegovina), as outgoing Chair, and MTIT (Palestine) as Chair 2020 are part of it.
2019 was a very fruitful year for EMERG and during the CN three reports, drafted by the competent expert working groups in cooperation with the consultants, namely:
-EMERG Report on International Roaming (International Roaming EWG chaired by MOC Israel)
-EMERG Report on Sustainability (Sustainability EWG chaired by NTRA Egypt)
-EMERG Report on Approximation to the EU Framework (Approximation EWG Chaired by CRA Bosnia and Herzegovina)
The three reports will be available soon on EMERG website.