Communications Regulatory Agency (CRA) as EMERG Chair 2019, invited the EMERG Members to the Plenary assembly that will be held in Sarajevo on 26 March 2019. According to the EMERG Charter the Plenary’s tasks are:
- Appointing the new Chairman and the new Vice-Chairman;
- Appointing the members of the Permanent Secretariat;
- Establishing Expert Working Groups and appointing their Chair or co-chairs.
- Approving the Work-plan;
- Approving the Annual Report and the Benchmark Report of the previous year and decide on their publication on the EMERG Website;
- Granting membership and/or observer status to candidates;
- Adopting and amend the EMERG Charter;
- Adopting and amend its own rules of procedure, as well as those of the Contact Network and the Permanent Secretariat;
- Discussing regulatory issues and proposals emerging from the benchmarking or working group activities with a view to approximation
The Plenary meeting will agree on the EMERG sustainability after 2020.
Public AGENDA link:
EMERG Work Plan for 2019
The Work Plan 2019 is the result of a comprehensive, transparent and inclusive procedure, aiming at relaunching the EMERG activities, stimulating the participation of the Members and achieving the main strategic goals for the benefit of both sides of the Mediterranean basin.
With the aim to ensure continuity in the workflow over the year, EMERG agreed that two 2019 workshops serve as a follow-up to the two virtual working groups and cover topics of Net Neutrality and International Roaming.
Namely, at the Plenary meeting in Rome in 2017 Members expressed the need to set up two Expert working groups in order to better consolidate a cooperation among the Members, on the specific topics that push for harmonized approaches, such as Net Neutrality and International Roaming. The two groups were officially activated at the Plenary meeting in Cairo in 2018 and as a follow up to these activities, topics have been included in Working Plan 2019.
Workshop 2: Net Neutrality
Workshop 3: International Roaming
Workshop 4: The new role of regulators in the Era of new ecosystem of telecommunications and the new challenges of telecom’s regulation
The Plenary Assembly appointed the Chair for 2020:
The Permanent Secretariat will also include:
Communications Regulatory Agency CRA (Bosnia and Herzegovina) EMERG Chair 2019
National Telecommunications Regulatory Authority NTRA (Egypt) EMERG Chair 2018
The NTRA Egypt as EMERG’s Chair for 2018 accepted the application of Libya to become a sponsored member of EMERG.
We are very glad to have Lybia back as an EMERG member!